This tutorial is about How to delete a WordPress account. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to delete a WordPress account. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check How to delete a WordPress account
WordPress is the easiest and most popular way to create your own website or blog. In fact, more than 43.3% of all websites on the Internet are powered by WordPress. Yes, more than one in four websites you visit is probably powered by WordPress. On a slightly more technical level, WordPress is an open source content management system licensed under the GPLv2, which means anyone can use or modify the WordPress software for free.
A content management system is basically a tool that allows you to easily manage important aspects of your website, such as content, without having to know anything about programming. Have you ever thought about deleting your WordPress account? Sometimes it is necessary to delete a WordPress account on WordPress.com. For example, if you want to deactivate your WordPress website and reinstall it with the same user.
For a self-hosted WordPress website, “delete WordPress account” means deleting a user’s account. To uninstall WordPress, please read our related article. Please note that before deleting a WordPress account on wordpress.com, you need to delete the content on your website. To do this, you will need to login to your WordPress dashboard and select and delete your posts, pages, comments, etc.
How to delete a WordPress account
- Login to your WordPress account.
- Click on “My Site” in the upper left corner.
- Select “Manage”, then “Settings”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Permanently delete your site.”
- Export any content you want to keep.
- Scroll down to the “Delete Site” button.
- Enter the name of your site and click “Delete this site”.
- Click on your profile picture in the top left corner.
- Select “Account Settings” from the menu on the left.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Permanently close your account.”
- Make sure you read and understand the risks, then click “Close Account”.
- Type in your username and click “Close your account.”
Final words: How to delete a WordPress account
I hope you understand this article, How to delete a WordPress account. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.